A community, healthy in mind and body, capable of facing challenges posed by a changing world.
To empower the community with their active participation through public campaigns, awareness raising activities and age appropriate quality education and training programmes to develop skills, alleviate poverty, promote psychosocial and physical health, protection from all forms of harm, social security and social cohesion.
Re-establishing a sense of normalcy in people’s life, through re-establishing routine activities, facilitating schooling and learning, recreational activities, resumption of cultural activities and traditions, promoting simple and individual ways of relieving stress, trauma and providing for expression and participation. More..
Aaruthal Sri Lanka was registered on 5th April 2006 and has been functioning from that date. It has rendered its services crosscutting the Northern and Eastern Provinces of Sri Lanka.
- Identify the children/students with psychological problems, learning difficulties and help them through appropriate therapies and remedial activities
- Train the village leaders (men and women) and youths in the community, on psychological issues, child rights, health and nutrition, social values, peace, disaster management and help them to employ suitable strategies to improve the situation
- Identifying children/students, youth, adults and families affected by alcoholism, poverty, domestic violence, and other social issues and helping them to alleviate their suffering by employing suitable means, identifying children/students, youths and adults who are physically and sexually abused.
- Carrying out research on the pressing psychological, social issues of the community, children’s/students’ learning difficulties and other problems and employing suitable strategies to improve the situation.
- Building up a network among regional, national and international organisations, individuals and liaising with them to share our needs and experiences and to obtain assistance in order to provide efficient services to the needy persons, children/students, youths and community.
- Organising social groups in the community, strengthening the civic and social fabric and promotion good governance and human security with due consideration to cultural sensitivity, social inclusion, community ownership and gender balance.
- Helping individuals and families in livelihood development.
- Conducting research and training programmes.
- Training the preschool teachers, curriculum designing, conducting diploma in preschool education, producing teaching and learning materials and helping the preschool runners and service providers with appropriate plans and training.
- The preschool teachers will be encouraged to supplement their teaching with dramatic activities will make learning a pleasurable experience.
- Publishing books, magazines and articles to develop knowledge based